Mum, Chen Hui's coming tonight.
妈妈, 陈辉今天晚上会来. 吧?
I know. You must help me do the cooking this afternoon.
我知道了. 你今天下午要帮我准备晚饭.
Certainly, Mum! What shall we cook?
当然可以, 妈妈! 我们要准备什么呢?![]()
Does she like English food? 她喜欢英国食物吗? ![]()
I've no idea. 我不知道. ![]()
What about chicken? 鸡肉怎么样?![]()
Oh yes! I know she quite often eats chicken at home.
噢, 对了! 我知道她在家经常吃鸡的. ![]()
Let's give her something different to eat, then.
Some real English food!
那么, 让我们给她准备一些不同的食物吧.
一些地道的英国食物!![]()
Something English? I know --- fish and chips!
英国食物? 我知道 -- 鱼和土豆条.![]()
Good idea! 好主意! ![]()
TAKE-AWAY FOOD 可带走的熟食
In England, the most popular food is fish and chips.
在英国, 最普遍的食物就是鱼和土豆条. ![]()
Sometimes people cook this food at home,
有时人们在家里做这些食物, ![]()
but usually they go to a fish and chip shop.
但更多的时候他们去这种卖鱼和土豆条的商店. ![]()
They put the food in paper bags, and take it home,
or to their work place.
他们把食物放进纸袋子里, 带回家或带到他们工作的地方.
Sometimes they eat it in the park or on the road.
有时他们就在公园里或路边吃. ![]()
This "take-away" food is very popular.
这种可带走的熟食非常普遍. ![]()
Chinese take-away food is also popular.
在中国这种可带走的熟食也很普遍.![]()
There are many "Chinese take-aways" in England and in the USA
--- and in Australia, too.
在英国, 美国, 澳大利亚, 也有一些中国式的可带走的熟食. ![]()
They also have fish and chip shops in Australia,
在澳大利亚也有这种卖鱼和炸土豆条的商店, ![]()
but there are not so many in the USA. 但不象美国那么多.
What is the most popular food in the USA?
在美国最普遍的食物是什么? ![]()
I think it is fried chicken. 我想是炸鸡.
Would you like a cup of tea, Chen Hui?
来一杯茶怎么样, 陈辉? ![]()
Yes, please. 好的, 谢谢.![]()
With suger and milk? 加糖和牛奶吗?![]()
Oh, no! I'd like Chinese tea with nothing in it, please.
噢, 不! 请给我一杯不加任何东西的中国茶. ![]()
OK. Here you are! 好的, 给你! ![]()
Thanks. 谢谢. ![]()
Supper's ready, now! 晚饭已经准备好了! ![]()
Come and sit down, Chen Hui. 过来坐, 陈辉. ![]()
Thank you very much. 非常感谢. ![]()
Today we're going to have real English food.
今天我们将吃到地道的英国食物. ![]()
Really? What is it? 真的吗? 是些什么? ![]()
It's my favourite. Fish and chips.
是我最喜欢的. 鱼和炸土豆条. ![]()
Oh good! But where are the paper bags?
噢, 太好了! 但是纸袋子在哪儿呢? ![]()
Ha ha! This is not take-away food! This is home cooking!
哈哈! 这不是那种可带走的食物! 这是我家里做的!![]()
Mmm, it must be more delicious! 嗯, 那肯定是更可口!
But I think it's much nicer in a paper bag, in the open air!
Mum, can we have our fish and chips outside?
但是, 我想在户外, 放进纸袋子里会更好!
妈妈, 我们能把鱼和炸土豆条带到外面去吗? ![]()
Not today, dear. Next time!
Could you pass me the salt, please?
今天不要带了, 亲爱的. 下次吧! 请把盐递给我好吗?
Hi, Chen Hui! 嗨, 陈辉! ![]()
Hi, Ann! Thank you for supper last night.
I enjoyed it very much.
嗨, 安! 谢谢你昨晚的晚餐. 我太喜欢了.
It was a pleasure! 我很乐意这样做! ![]()
I told my parents about last night.
They asked me to thank your mother.
We hope you can come to our house for supper next Saturday.
我昨晚告诉了我父母. 他们要我谢谢你妈妈.
我们希望你下星期六去我家吃晚餐. ![]()
Sure. 一定.![]()
Goodbye. 再见.![]()
Bye! 再见! ![]()